Thursday, January 19, 2012

The Business Model Canvas

Business Model Canvas

The Business Model Canvas is an interesting quick semi-formal modelling tool to create a public facing view of an enterprise or an organization.

It kind of covers why the business exists in first place and how it is related to other parties in its ecosystem.

Covers following areas of concerns:

  • Key Partners
  • Key Activities
  • Value Propositions
  • Customer Relationships
  • Customer Segments
  • Key Resources
  • Channels
  • Cost Structure
  • Revenue Streams

More at http://www.businessmodelgeneration.com

How a typical CIO organization will look on this canvas ?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

An impressive share, I just given this onto a colleague who was doing a little analysis on this. And he in fact bought me breakfast because I found it for him.. smile. So let me reword that: Thnx for the treat! But yeah Thnkx for spending the time to discuss this, I feel strongly about it and love reading more on this topic. If possible, as you become expertise, would you mind updating your blog with more details? It is highly helpful for me. Big thumb up for this blog post!